In this blog I will discuss how to assign a scsi disk to a KVM guest .. In past it was not supported , but this feature is available now. I am using Fedora 14 in my system.
I will guide you through step by step process with the help of screen-shots.
1) Once you made sure that “kvm” modules are loaded in the system, open virt-manager .
[root@humbles-lap ~]# lsmod |grep kvm
kvm_intel 41950 0
kvm 257292 1 kvm_intel
2) Then “select” the VM where you want to add the disk
3) After highlighting that VM in virt-manager window, click on “EDIT” tab at the top and then click on “Virtualmachine Details”
4) Now click on “ADD HARDWARE” in Virtual Machine details, then select “Storage” , follow as shown in screen-shot.
5) As you can see in the last screen-shot, the disk has been identified in guest as scsi disk “sda”
Thats it .. 🙂